Nutrisystem member Shelby has found a way to turn the NutrisystemŽ Golden Pound Cake into a variation on a popular Italian dessert classic. One way to change this would be to use the NutrisystemŽ Chocolate Cake, rather than the pound cake; it's non-traditional but would be equally delicious. By the way, this recipe is best if it's prepared a little bit in advance, but the flavor is so good that it's worth the time!
from Nutrisystem Member
1 Dessert + 3 Extra: Limited + 1/2 Power Fuel
1. Slice the pound cake lengthwise and place it on a plate, cut side up.
2. Brush the slices with 1 Tbsp Kahlua syrup and enough coffee to soak in.
3. Mix the filling ingredients (all remaining ingredients, except cocoa) together, then put into freezer for just a few minutes to set up.
4. Take half the filling mixture and spread it onto one slice of cake.
5. Top the filling with the second piece of cake (be careful, since the coffee makes the cake fragile).
6. Layer the remainder of the filling on top of the cake.
7. Sprinkle with cocoa.
8. Let this sit in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving.
Nutrisystem Golden Pound Cake
DaVinci Sugar Free Kahlua Syrup (for cake)
light ricotta cheese
DaVinci Sugar Free Kahlua Syrup (for filling)
fat free whipped cream cheese
very strong coffee,espresso is suggested
sugar free sweetener
fat free whipped topping
Variations (May affect "Counts As" values)