This recipe comes from Shirley J. in Midlothian, Virginia, who says she so enjoys the recipes sent in by other Nutrisystem members that she decided to create one of her own. So using the very versatile Nutrisystem Pancake Mix, here's what she has come up with. She notes, "This recipe satisfies my desire for a store-bought, fat- and sugar-laden cheese danish!"
from Nutrisystem Member
1 Breakfast + 1/2 Power Fuel
1. Mix Pancake Mix with 1/3 cup skim milk, per directions on package.
2. Add 1 T. SplendaŽ and a dash of vanilla extract.
3. Spray a small oblong "au gratin"-type casserole (4 3/4" wide, by 7 1/2" long, by 1 1/2" deep) with non-stick spray. Pour or spoon mixture into casserole. Set aside.
4. Mix 2 T. fat-free cream cheese, 2 T. fat-free sour cream, 1 T. egg substitute, 1 T. SplendaŽ, and 1/4 t. lemon extract in a cup or small bowl.
5. Spoon cream cheese mixture onto top of pancake mixture, spreading it evenly over the top (or, depending on the size of your casserole dish, you can make little "wells" or "pockets" of cream cheese over the top).
6. Bake in a 350-degree oven for about 15 minutes, or until pancake mixture is set. (Cream cheese mixture may still be a little watery, but it will set and be creamy when cooled.) If desired, top with fresh or frozen blueberries (optional).
Nutrisystem Pancake Mix
Fat free sour cream
Fat free cream cheese
Variations (May affect "Counts As" values)