This spectacular spinach side dish is a perfect way to sneak in some extra veggies.
from Nutrisystem Member, 1wrigley
1. Spray a large pan with non-stick spray; put on moderate heat.
2. Add chopped shallot; cook until soft., about 2 minutes.
3. Add 1/2 cup of water and bring to a boil. Add spinach and toss. Reduce heat to low and cover.
4. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Uncover and remove from heat.
5. Add lemon zest, lemon juice and pepper. Garnish with nuts if desired.
Notes: I add pepper flakes to make it spicy when I put the water in.
Yields: 4 Servings.
Chopped nuts, optional, any type
Red pepper flakes, optional
Variations (May affect "Counts As" values)